Thursday, April 20, 2017

Review: Praying the Gospels with Martin Luther: Finding Freedom in Love

Praying the Gospels with Martin Luther: Finding Freedom in Love Praying the Gospels with Martin Luther: Finding Freedom in Love by Paul W. Meier
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am not entirely clear about how much I like the book, and I am not entirely clear whether the problem lies with me or with the book. I like the idea of praying the Gospels back to the God Who gave them to us. I enjoy reading snippets of Martin Luther sermons. Maybe I just prefer the "non-interpreted" and original text of the sermons within context. At any rate, these felt a bit "dumbed-down" to me. About halfway through, I decided to set it aside for now and try again from the beginning another time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment