Saturday, October 6, 2018

Review: Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, with Pearl and Sir Orfeo

Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, with Pearl and Sir Orfeo Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, with Pearl and Sir Orfeo by Unknown
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I enjoyed SIR GAWAIN AND THE GREEN KNIGHT when I took my first English course at (what was then called) North Harris County Community College. It was in a huge peach-colored book that covered English literature through Shakespeare, I think.

I was surprised to learn that I like epic poetry. I still like it.

At that time, we didn't cover PEARL or SIR ORFEO.

This translation and introduction by J.R.R. Tolkien brought all the pleasure back to me. I thoroughly enjoyed this. I can't wait to read it again, but I have too many books on my "TO-READ" list to do that quite yet.

The fact that this is an audiobook makes it even better.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment