Saturday, February 9, 2013

Helping Mother with her computer?

The Mother hates her word processor.  Granted, she is using the free version of Microsoft Word that came with windows seven when she updated.  If that was what I had to use, I would hate it, too.    I replaced it with OpenOffice because it does the kinds of things I need it to do.  As a writer, I use several bells and whistles.
 
I think that OpenOffice would be even more annoying for Her than the one she has.  It needs to be simpler and less cluttered.  I suggested wordpad, but it still doesn't meet her needs.
 
I will be testing various Word Processors for Her.
 
This is the one I am testing this week.  http://www.jarte.com/   it is based on Microsoft's Wordpad engine and retains some of that simplicity.  It has a little bit more to it, though.  I will slowly review it over the next few weeks and let you know what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment