Sunday, February 10, 2013

SkillfulSenior.com Computer Tutorials

SkillfulSenior.com (and other links) may also help With Mother's computer-related frustrations.  Don't get me wrong, she is far from computer-illiterate.  She can search the web and do e-mail with the best of us.  She uses an iPhone far better than I would, but then, I don't even want a cell phone of any flavor.

Still, there probably are gaps in her new knowledge of computers.  Uploading and downloading work best with me alongside prompting her.  Saving and retrieving documents work best the same way.

One of my friends pointed out that I'm not quite as patient as I could be when it comes to helping Mother with the computer.  She's right.  I'm trying to remedy that by learning about different tools to help Seniors master the intricacies of technology.  I'm also trying to learn how *I*  can present things more clearly, simply and patiently.

  • The first on this is SkillfulSenior.com  -It Starts with some pretty basic tutorials.  How to sit comfortably at the computer…  What the different mouse buttons do -and why.  Returning to the basics and having that information on hand is an important tool for helping folks retain information.
  • If she decides to stay with Microsoft Word, maybe this tutorial will be useful  http://www.gcflearnfree.org/word2010

No comments:

Post a Comment