Monday, May 13, 2013

Yes, I'm excited and delighted. I have a new job!

One of the students in my Sunday School class called me "McGonagall" when I shared my good news.  :-) I can live with that!  "Minerva McGonagall" is quite a cool character: a teacher who is very caring.

My big news?  I am now a teacher for an online course at Concordia University, Seward, Nebraska.  It is for the masters degree in "Family Life Ministry," and lasts eight weeks.  One of the course descriptions that I read says:


This course will examine issues of professional ethics, morality and faith. The course begins with a brief introduction to theological ethics before examining and applying National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) and church body ethical guidelines to case situations. Aspects of professional ethics will be discussed throughout the course. The course moves to practical issues in personal morality, which will be discussed in relation to family and society. Issues such as marriage and commitment, homosexuality, abortion, end of life issues and the development of faith and virtue will also be discussed. Attention will be given to how one’s theological commitments transform secular moral problems and their solutions.



I'm excited.  I'm scared.  I'm juggling books and articles that I might want to include.

No comments:

Post a Comment