Saturday, November 23, 2013

I am GUILTY! I want this robot!

I was just sitting here minding my own business and reading my email, when I got a link from TED Talks.  I should NEVER have clicked on that link!  You see, it showed me a control device to connect to the computer (and, by the way, an Assistive Robot Device) that I deeply desire.

We are not just talking, "O, that's cute.  I'll put that as item 420,612,008 on my list of things I might like someday…"

I

WANT

THIS control and robot!

I have to find what this guy uses for his "minute movements" for control.  I don't know that head movement trackers are the answer for me, but I'll bet these people know how to to be creative. http://www.ted.com/talks/henry_evans_and_chad_jenkins_meet_the_robots_for_humanity.html

In some ways, it's an even more creative approach than makeymakey.com, although I often prefer the DIY approach.

Even bigger mistake…  Now ANOTHER short story is forming in my head.  I need to get off this fairly quickly…

But here is the link for "Robots for Humanity" <http://www.willowgarage.com/blog/2011/07/13/robots-humanity> before I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment