Monday, July 28, 2014

Broken People… And how to Serve Them

Love thy neighbor:… Homeless… Muslim… Black… Gay… White… Jewish… Christian… Atheist… Racist…

On Facebook, the other day, I ran across this picture. It caught my attention. It moved me. It is still rattling around in my head.

Not bad for something on the black role of time that Facebook is!

I understand that this is not a complete approach to people in a world of hurt. Believe me, part of the reason I went for my masters in deaconess studies is expressed on that t-shirt.

I still don't know what I can and should be doing.

So… I pulled out one of my textbooks:
(I am using the one for Kindle…)

Okay, the other reason is that our church's online book club is reading this book. Regardless, I'm going through it again.

Well, it is an excellent book! It is worth re-reading. It is also a challenge to my comfort zone.

A more detailed review is here

No comments:

Post a Comment