Saturday, August 9, 2014

It WASN'T a tutorial on training your voice recognition devices!

I get it! Sometimes my prejudices about books and movies gets in my way. Even though all of my nieces and nephews said that I would enjoy, "How to Train Your Dragon," I just had this mental blockage against it.

Every time I hear the words "training" and "Dragon" in the same sentence, I envisioned the myriad of ways voice recognition software has gone awry for me.

… Like "the Wheelchair from Hell." It really wanted to kill me! I would say, "stop," and it sometimes stopped. Or sped up. Or turned left. Or turned right. It would listen to horns honking & dash into traffic. It tried to throw me into water fountains.

Worst of all, IT HAD THE AUDACITY TO IGNORE ME!

… Or the time that I was using an early version of Dragon NaturallySpeaking. (Back when Dragon Systems made the software and they had the coolest logo…)

But… I'm not going to tell that story. It makes my face turned red, STILL.

Anyhow!

"How to Train Your Dragon" is a cute movie that I will probably watch again.

No comments:

Post a Comment