Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Old School Games

Yes, I am OLD SCHOOL when it comes to games. I didn't need a fancy graphics card or a high-end computer. My first computer games were COLOSSAL CAVE and ZORK. They are text adventures. All the images form behind my eyes and between my ears. You can play them online here http://www.web-adventures.org/

Then I got my Apple II plus… There were quite a few that I enjoyed, particularly EMPIRE I-WORLD BUILDERS. Hey, they had graphics, sort of. The ideas behind the games wanted to be epic, but these things were usually developed by individuals or small groups. You could go to a computer store and buy a Ziploc baggie with your 5.25" disk, a trifold instruction manual, and a grand adventure.

I still like games that do not require massive graphics cards. I like games that require turns and don't expect me to have fantastic reflexes. I found another one but I am starting to play, in my vast amounts of free time. Take a peek at GALAXY KINGS. I take my turn by sending an email. A few days later, I get my results… By email. It is a leisurely way to play a game. The game I joined has been running a wild. I think I turned in my move for turn #212…


No comments:

Post a Comment