Thursday, May 25, 2017

Pastor Hull and Sheila were right!

Back when I was in school, one of the tools I "had to" learn to use was CPH's Treasury of Daily Prayer. It was a busy semester and this wonderful book really required more thought and attention then I gave it. I always intended to go back and work my way through it again.

Surprise, surprise! I didn't go back.

About six months or a year ago, Pastor Hull mentioned to our Bible class how rich a blessing this book has been in his life. Sheila was listening, and ordered her copy from Amazon. Nearly every day since, she spends a good part of the day telling me what an encouragement this TREASURY really is!

You get a Psalm to read. You get an Old Testament reading. You get a New Testament reading. You get quotes from an old dead guy. Most of all, you get to focus on what Christ has done and continues to do in the lives of HIS people.

I worked with this book a while today. It can be a little bit complicated with all the markers, but… I love this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment