Monday, May 6, 2019

Review: Rise Above: How One Man's Search for Mobility Helped the World Get Moving

Rise Above: How One Man's Search for Mobility Helped the World Get Moving Rise Above: How One Man's Search for Mobility Helped the World Get Moving by Ralph W. Braun
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I am a sucker for biographies. This addiction started when I was a kid. Dad brought a biography of William Six, the guy who "invented" Continental Airlines. You know… From back when flying was a treat?

Anyhow, Ralph Braun is a similar-type guy. He had Spinal Muscular Atrophy, I'm guessing it was type III. He was able to walk when he was six years old, according to this biography. As his physical limitations became more intrusive, he invented ways around the problem. He invented one of the early three wheeled power scooters for sale. For me, more importantly, he invented van lifts and the Braun EnterVan.

This was just a fun and encouraging read. Like all of us, he made good decisions… And others. He learned from those other decisions and made better ones down the road.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment