Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Now are things in your part of the universe?

How are things with you?

I am OK, maybe feeling a little bit of stress. We are still looking to replace my weekday morning attendant. Getting adapted to my new computer seems harder this time than usual. I also think that I'm developing a mild case of shingles. It's uncomfortable, but not one 100th as bad as I have heard it described. I will bring it up to the Dr. next week when I have my colonoscopy.

And yet… I feel at peace. The Trinitarian God of the bible is at work through this. At the moment, I do not see how it can be for my benefit. I Trust that it is…

James 1:2-12 word cloud

  
   2       Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3       for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.  
The Holy Bible: English Standard Version. (2001). . Wheaton: Standard Bible Society.

 


trials. Gk peirasmos. Any challenging circumstances that befall Christians. Does not refer to being tempted, as in vv 13–14.

 testing. Same as “trials” in v 2 (cf Lk 8:13; 22:28). steadfastness. Translated “patience” in Lk 8:15. Cf Jas 1:12.


Engelbrecht, E. A. (2009). The Lutheran Study Bible (p. 2135). St. Louis, MO: Concordia Publishing House.

 

It's not like I am the first person to face frustrations or difficulties. When you look at history, most of what I am facing today can almost be considered "trivial." I'm annoyed, not endangered.

Maybe it's time to consider a favorite quote from my all time favorite movie:
WORK THE PROBLEM

Apparently, I am not the only person to get encouragement from that quote

No comments:

Post a Comment