Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Hidden Helper - Clamavi De Profundis

Hidden Helper - Clamavi De Profundis
Please check out our Patreon page! We are very grateful for your support of our music! https://ift.tt/2gzQx1D Apple Music/iTunes Link: Coming Soon! Amazon Link: Coming Soon! Google Play: Coming Soon! Spotify Link: Coming Soon! Please check out our merchandise! Get our logo on shirts, mugs, phone cases and more! https://goo.gl/552Hev Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/ClamaviDe We greatly appreciate our viewers and thank you all for your support of our music! "Hidden Helper" is an original song we wrote based on the Vikings. It is taken from a larger original story entitled, "Chieftain." We hope you enjoy it:) Song description (taken from the "Chieftain" story): FR. EDVARD: This is an amazing land. Such raw and wild beauty impresses me. Lovely and dangerous forces striving together and against one another at the same time. A land of fire, a land of ice. A land of green, a land of white. A land where the sun never sets and never rises. A land where the aurora light up the sky as if heaven itself were in sight. BRIGIT: I have never really thought of it that way. FR. EDVARD: That is because you have not had to leave it. BRIGIT: Faðir, I wanted to ask you if you would explain again the angels. It seems that our village is in need of special help. We may be attacked at any time. FR. EDVARD: By another chieftain? BJORN: By the chieftain who killed my faðir. His name is Ulf. He is as evil as Fenrir himself. FR. EDVARD: And you have chosen to not retaliate. BJORN: Yes. I have chosen. FR. EDVARD: You continue to make progress. Good. Regarding your question, Brigit, I remind you that God has given His angels concerning us, that they might keep us in all of our ways. That is what the Holy Scripture says. You may be sure of this, that no matter how few are the friends surrounding you; no matter how dark the times may seem, you have a special protector always at your side whom you can neither see nor hear...unless you have the eyes to see and ears to hear them. BRIGIT: I recently wrote a poem in which I expressed that same idea: that my helper stands so close to me that I cannot even see her. FR. EDVARD: Please, let us hear it. BRIGIT: Well...it is actually a song. FR. EDVARD: Even better! BRIGIT: I don't know... FR. EDVARD: Do not fear to sing. He who sings well prays twice. The value of a good song is worth many poems. BJORN: Yes, Brigit. Please do. BRIGIT: Very well. Please understand, this recent time has been very difficult for me. Much of what I before took comfort in has been taken from me in one way or another. And so, one night, I poured forth my sentiments to the One I could not see. (she sings) FR. EDVARD: I stand in awe. You have depth, my young friend. Yours is a heart and mind that are capable of altering the course of history. BJORN: Yes, that was...really nice. BRIGIT: Thank you. I wanted to paint a picture of how small I sometimes feel in such a big, yet beautiful world. Though life is difficult, I try to hope. There was...something that I wanted that left me: that is the Wild Wonder. BJORN: What is that? BRIGIT: I...I wish not to say. Anyway, I then focused my hope on something else: my Hidden Helper. You remember, Bjorn? BJORN: Yes, I do. I made fun of you. I do not now. BRIGIT: Yes...how ironic that you would be here to hear me say it again. I kept my child's term for the hidden folk and used it to describe my angel...like you told us about at home, Fr. Edvard. FR. EDVARD: I am pleased. You did well. And I pray that your angel will ever enlighten you, and bring you evermore to the truth. BJORN: Fr. Edvard, for once, I would like to hear more. I realize that I have done much wrong. I thought that I would walk in my faðir's footsteps, but I have been compelled from within to walk a very different path. I want to finally know why. FR. EDVARD: Then listen, chieftain, and I will tell you. We wrote the lyrics, composed, and arranged the piece. My family sang it. Please no bad language in the comments. We want this to be family friendly:) Thank you! Lyrics: This dark sky of wild beauty, Haunts my presence in the cold, Haven, heaven, do not forget me, I am too small to be bold. Crystals, bristles, shards of wonder, Reach into the sealed future, Pray that you will stay the thunder, Chaos, pray us to be surer. Blade of fury is the flurry, Sometimes soft and sometimes death, Kills the warmth within us, hurry, Worry is the winter's breath. Camp light, lamplight in the day, None to see the hidden night, Striking, liking all we see, Wild, in the colours bright. Wild Wonder, full of beauty, I thought I could hold you close, I say I see, I sigh I could be, You are gone; you are a ghost. Belief, relief, my Hidden Helper, Stands too close for me to see, Perish, nothing is my help, her work is done; my bonds are free.
via YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wecbteWC_9k

No comments:

Post a Comment