Monday, February 3, 2014

A wild week worth remembering!

Happy Monday! This has been an interesting week!

My computer went "the way of all flesh," and is now resting in pieces at a e-cycle place. I mentioned it in an offhand way to my occupational therapist, Judi Joseph at Methodist. We had been trying to figure out a new mouse to use, since I'm getting weaker and almost can't use my thumb.  I figured that dreaming about Tobii PCEye was something of a dream… But I tested it and it works for me. It's just that, like many people with disabilities, funding excellent technologies like this is sometimes difficult. I assumed that it was beyond my reach and that the computer would probably be, too.

Of course, everyone knows when I go into mourning over losing a computer. While it isn't quite as bad as when Queen Victoria lost her beloved Albert, I'm not subtle.

Channel 11, a local TV station, heard about my frustration and did this story

They suggested that I make a way for people to donate… AND keep them updated. Paypal can do that.




No comments:

Post a Comment