Saturday, February 8, 2014

Who knew? ReelAbilities Film Festival

My occupational therapist at the Methodist Hospital, Judi Joseph, happened to mention something that is starting this weekend. To be specific: February 9-13 is Houston's ReelAbilities Disabilities Film Festival for 2014. I had never heard about this! It looks intriguing, maybe even beautiful.

Here is Monday's listing:

How to Train Your Dragon Rated: PG
Metropolitan Multi-Service Center, 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
FREE ADMISSION
Registration not required

My Spectacular Theater Rated: PG-13
*Special appearance by Christine Ha, winner of MasterChef Season 3!*
Chinese Community Center, 5:30 p.m.
FREE ADMISSION
Register online here

Getting Up
Rated: PG-13
Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, 7:00 p.m.
In collaboration with Houston Cinema Arts Society
$10/Non-MFAH & HCAS Members, $8/MFAH & HCAS Members
Tickets available for purchase soon!

Of course, when it came out, I thought that "How to Train Your Dragon" was about learning to use Dragon NaturallySpeaking. ;-) People still say that hearing from me is sort of like receiving messages from the Oracle at Delphi. It's a matter of interpreting…

"Getting Up" is another one that looks terribly intriguing. TEMPTONE is a graffiti artist (OK, not exactly the center of my art tastes, but…) with Lou Gehrig's disease.

I think I want to see this

This story was familiar to me. Tempt1 was my introduction to KickStarter. I heard about his desire to keep his artistic efforts alive in 2010.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/571943958/tempt1-and-eyewriter-art-by-eyes

It's funny how things sometimes cycle back…

No comments:

Post a Comment