Monday, January 7, 2013

Dad is holding his own for now

When Leslie and I spoke, everything seems about the way it was yesterday.  I tried calling Mary to see if Dad was up for listening to a another "hello," but I do not think that the phone was working.  I will try again later.

I think he is trying to save his strength to make sure he has a good visit with Lori.

Since speaking is so difficult for him, we all have been trying to do the majority of talking.  We are trying to remember wonderful stories…  Reminding him of his place in our lives.

We're all also a little bit tired.  Memories aren't coming to the surface as easily and quickly…  SO…

If you remember one of the good events, can you remind me/us?  When I last checked, he is more than aware.  They can't really drain more fluid from his lungs, so breathing is really difficult -which makes the entire situation more frightening.  He seemed to welcome minor distractions for a few minutes.

Death sucks.  Still, loving someone as they move from time into eternity is a rigorous privilege.

No comments:

Post a Comment