Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year To You

I am having a wonderful beginning to this new year.  It is calm and quiet after the midnight volleys of the neighborhood firecrackers.  I did not hear any fire engines coming to the rescue, so maybe the neighborhood did not have a major disaster.

We have been having a soft and gentle rain of and on all day.  This is a good thing, we are creeping back into drought territory.  Plants and wildlife are thoroughly enjoying the precipitation.  Even in a suburb, and gentle rain is a blessing.

The news mentioned "fiscal cliff" a few too many times, so I went to SyFy Channel and watched old episodes of "The Twilight Zone. "

Spent time in God's Word this afternoon.  Talk about refreshment!

While I did not speak to Dad today, I got to talk to Mary.  She is…  Holding up for now.  This is the second time she has had to walk with her husband through cancer.  I don't really know when her first husband died, but she mentioned a resurfacing of waves of old emotions.

I set a few goals for the year.  I think I will use  http://chains.cc to help me term those dreams into daily habits.  They recommend sharing these goals with someone else, but I don't really feel like it. 

What is your favorite tool to help you achieve your goals and resolutions?  Feel free to share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment