Saturday, January 26, 2013

Stephen King. Who knew?

Friends who have known that I wanted to write have often recommended "On Writing" by Stephen King.  For some reason, I had not gotten around to reading it.

I should have known that I would have liked it!

Early this year, I joined WriYe.  It is another group of writing folks are polishing their craft.  They have a sub-group at GoodReads called "WriYers Read Too." For January, we are discussing "On Writing." I got my version on Kindle.  It's a great read, even if you don't want to write.

The relationship between little Stevie King and his older brother reminds me of another book that I enjoyed, but can't recall the name of.  Texas State Library for the Blind and Physically Disabled sent me an audio book that was the memoirs of a guy who grew up in the twenties or thirties in Texas.  His older brother was Bedford, and he had earned the nickname of "Whoa. " Kathy laughed at that book until we hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment