Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I am cold…

Houston has been having a cold snap, along with the rest of the country.  (QUIT LAUGHING AT US, folks from Chicago!  21° here is just as weird as 40° below zero is there!) Fountains (and in ground lawn watering systems) have been turned into stunning ice sculptures.  The homeless have been trying to keep warm in abandoned buildings, starting fires all over this city…  And Harris county.  Farmers have lost a lot of money in a vain attempt to keep preps from freezing.

It is warmer today by at least 15°, and I am colder than I've been all week.  I've got thick socks that go well above the knee.  I've got a warmup suit that's normally got me almost too warmed-up.  I've got a shirt.  I'm wrapped up in a thick, soft, and incredibly warm shawl.  I added a touch of coffee liqueur to my chocolate (heated) instant breakfast.

Nothing is working.

It is almost like my body stored up "feeling cold" for later usage.  Like today.  I can't imagine why I would need to feel cold later!  I'm not even uncomfortably warmed-up in August.

I suppose that the people on my home world must have a hotter Climate to begin with.  Lizard-people, what can I say?  We are cold-hearted.

Winking smileWinking smileWinking smile

No comments:

Post a Comment