Sunday, January 19, 2014

The power of a question…

Lifehacker struck yet again!  Yes, I know that I have almost oversold this…  Cluster of tools and tidbits.  I know that I mention it too often.

It just is too useful for words!

For example, it is already the last half of January.  Broken Resolutions are scattered all over the place, driving people into self-determined Guilt.  Some folks still feel like trying to keep up.

For us, LH has a different approach: FRAME YOUR GOALS AS QUESTIONS TO MOTIVATE ACCOMPLISHMENTS

It looks like this is based in psychology.  They reference Motivating Goal-Directed Behavior Through Introspective Self-Talk: The Role of the Interrogative Form of Simple Future Tense

This rings true to me.  Declarations sound absolute, but LIFE often brings in the expected.  Even when I do what I say I intended to do, "unintended side effects" abound.

  • What if, this week instead of "setting goals", I ask myself interesting questions?
  •  

No comments:

Post a Comment